Cameron School of Business at UNCW

Intern Adventure Begins

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Aug 31, 2016 7:21:30 AM

Sky Lounge at the Guinness Factory in Dublin.jpg

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Julia Ormond, CEN Mentee, Cameron School of Business – Marketing Strategy; Theater Performance

I met Liz at the spring CEN mixer and we got close very quickly. I was itching to find an internship before I left for a month-long trip to London with a Cameron School of Business faculty lead program. She helped me immensely and set up a meeting with her former employers, Mark Johnson Custom Homes.

My first meeting with them was great. Mark and Meredith Johnson are two easygoing, successful business owners who are looking to expand on social media and other advertising mediums. It was perfect for me! I couldn’t wait to get started.

Before I left for London I made a few online ads for practice and we all discussed how they could be improved. My job will be to manage blogs, emails, and social media accounts, as well as to spread our information to specific potential customers. I start next week! I feel this is a really great opportunity for me because I get to use my talents and gain from new experiences.

March 2017: Julia's internship went very well, and she is now preparing to graduate from CSB in the spring! Congratulations, Julia!

Topics: business, Cameron Executive Network, cen, CSB, International, Internships, marketing, professional selling, Social media marketing, Student Stories

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW was established as Wilmington College in 1947. The Department of Business and Economics became the Cameron School of Business in 1979. Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!

Subscribe to Email Updates

Posts by Topic

see all