Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW Attends High Five Conference

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 24, 2017 10:58:00 AM
Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, cen

Do you know about CEN?

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:25:07 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016.

************

Guest Blogger: Esther Baldo Andres, CSB '17, Marketing Strategy & International Business

I am a TABSA student from Spain, and I am currently working to receive a dual degree from the Cameron School of Business at UNCW and my home university, Universidad de Valencia, in Marketing Strategy and International Business. Participating in the Cameron Executive Network (CEN) Program has been one of the best things I have done during my time at UNCW. My mentor has been extremely helpful in explaining the job search process in the US. She started by identifying my skills and capabilities as well as areas of improvement to better my position myself in the business world. She coached me in resume and cover letter writing as well as in internship search and interview skills. Due to her help I was able to get an internship in a tech company in Spain. We will continue to work this year to get an internship in the US.

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, Cameron School of Business, cen, International, International Business, marketing, Student Stories

Coaching the Mentee to a Successful Career

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:20:51 AM

Guest Blogger: Kathy S. Behr, former pharmaceutical Marketing Research Manager, CEN Mentor

Read More

Topics: business, Cameron Executive Network, cen, internship, Networking, professional selling, Student Stories

Another CEN Success!

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:18:19 AM

"Julia Ormond impressed me from the moment I met her, and her level of motivation and drive hasn’t let up since I first met her at the Spring Mixer. We met last week and expressed her interest in getting an internship, and I was able to connect her with Mark Johnson Custom Homes. They were my first employers after graduation and it’s going to be a win-win-win situation for us all. MJCH will be able to meet their marketing goals, Julia will gain invaluable real-world experience, and through our mentorship, I will be helping to facilitate the entire thing. I couldn’t imagine a better arrangement for a mentor, mentee and employer.

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, internship, Student Stories

Cameron Executive Network

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:15:52 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in June 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

In the spring of 2002, Skip Jones and Dick Verrone, Cameron School of Business Executives in Residence and instructors, realized that CSB students were in need of professional council to better facilitate the transition from academia to the world of work.  Having recently retired from long time business careers, Mr. Jones and Mr. Verrone recognized that Wilmington had a wealth of excellent professional resources in their own back yard.  Many of their colleagues were newly retired business executives in the area and expressed an interest in giving back and staying connected.  To capitalize this interest, the Cameron Executive Network (CEN) was formed.  At first, the program was quite small.  With only a few mentors involved, student participation was limited.  However, over the last 14 years the network has grown in size to nearly 250 experienced business executives, both active and retired, and these executives mentor approximately 400 Cameron Business School Students.

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, cen

Intern Adventure Begins

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Aug 31, 2016 7:21:30 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Julia Ormond, CEN Mentee, Cameron School of Business – Marketing Strategy; Theater Performance

Read More

Topics: business, Cameron Executive Network, cen, CSB, International, Internships, marketing, professional selling, Social media marketing, Student Stories

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

The Cameron School of Business was established at UNC Wilmington in 1947.  Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!

Subscribe to Email Updates