Cameron School of Business at UNCW

Developing Healthcare Leaders

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:36:09 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in February 2017.

************

Guest Blogger: Laura Gail Lunsford, PhD, Director of the UNCW Swain Center

Read More

Topics: business, Cameron School of Business, healthcare, SWAIN Center

Master of Science in Accountancy Opens Door To Exciting Careers

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:35:38 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in February 2017 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Robert T. Burrus, Jr., Ph.D., Dean, Cameron School of Business

Read More

Topics: Accounting, Cameron School of Business, Graduate Programs, msa

A Business School Without Walls

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:35:14 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, Community, Entrepreneurship, Insights

How to Be a Global Citizen

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:53 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Kelin Coleman, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in International Business, '17

My name is Kelin Coleman and I’m in the process of finishing the second semester of my senior year.  I’m originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, but I’ve been studying at KEDGE Business School in Marseille, France for the last year and a half as part of the TABSA program.  I’m a double major in French and Business with a concentration of International Business at Cameron School of Business at UNCW- and a specialization in Finance at KEDGE Business School.

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, france, International, marseille, Student Stories, Study Abroad, TABSA

Beta Gamma Sigma - The Best in Business

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:32 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Charise Neal, CSB, B.S. Business Administration, concentration in Accounting

How would you feel if you were given the opportunity to be in room full of people known as “the best in business”? I can tell you that it feels phenomenal. Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) members are known around the world as “the best in business." As soon as I was invited to join this prestigious group of people, I jumped at the opportunity.

Read More

Topics: Accounting, beta gamma sigma, Cameron School of Business, Student Stories

Understand That You're Afraid - Then Do It Anyway.

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:03 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Nick Pindale, Cameron School of Business '18, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in Entrepreneurship

Starting my own company was the best but hardest thing I have ever done on my own.

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, Entrepreneurship, Student Stories

Understanding U.S. Incentives For Keeping Foreign Earnings Abroad

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:32:58 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in November 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Zhan Furner, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Accounting, Cameron School of Business

Read More

Topics: Accounting, Cameron Faculty, Cameron School of Business, Economics, global, Insights, International, taxes

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:32:30 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Julia Ormond, Cameron School of Business - Marketing Strategy; Theatre Performance

Going to London with CSB was one of best experiences of my life. I didn’t think I’d get to go because my double major requires me to have so many credit hours. The London trip was perfect timing for me! From June 26th - July 28th I could travel around Europe on the weekends while I learned Business Law and Global Studies (International Business) during the week.

Read More

Topics: business, Cameron School of Business, International, London, Student Stories, Study Abroad

How Executive MBA Programs Differ From the Norm

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:31:36 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Dean Robert T. Burrus, Jr., Cameron School of Business

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, emba, Graduate Programs, MBA, professional development

UNCW Graduate Turned Entrepreneur with The Exit Games

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:30:41 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Josh Skidmore, UNCW CSB Class of 2016

I’ll start by saying that starting a business isn’t easy. I’ve practically lived off coffee and Redbull for the past three months. It’s literally building something from the ground up. But when it’s finished, and people are enjoying what you’ve created, it’s an awesome feeling.

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, CSB, Entrepreneurship, Management

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

The Cameron School of Business was established at UNC Wilmington in 1947.  Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!

Subscribe to Email Updates

Posts by Topic

see all