Cameron School of Business at UNCW

How to Be a Global Citizen

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:53 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Kelin Coleman, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in International Business, '17

My name is Kelin Coleman and I’m in the process of finishing the second semester of my senior year.  I’m originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, but I’ve been studying at KEDGE Business School in Marseille, France for the last year and a half as part of the TABSA program.  I’m a double major in French and Business with a concentration of International Business at Cameron School of Business at UNCW- and a specialization in Finance at KEDGE Business School.

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, france, International, marseille, Student Stories, Study Abroad, TABSA

Beta Gamma Sigma - The Best in Business

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:32 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Charise Neal, CSB, B.S. Business Administration, concentration in Accounting

How would you feel if you were given the opportunity to be in room full of people known as “the best in business”? I can tell you that it feels phenomenal. Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) members are known around the world as “the best in business." As soon as I was invited to join this prestigious group of people, I jumped at the opportunity.

Read More

Topics: Accounting, beta gamma sigma, Cameron School of Business, Student Stories

Understand That You're Afraid - Then Do It Anyway.

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:03 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Nick Pindale, Cameron School of Business '18, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in Entrepreneurship

Starting my own company was the best but hardest thing I have ever done on my own.

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, Entrepreneurship, Student Stories

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:32:30 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Julia Ormond, Cameron School of Business - Marketing Strategy; Theatre Performance

Going to London with CSB was one of best experiences of my life. I didn’t think I’d get to go because my double major requires me to have so many credit hours. The London trip was perfect timing for me! From June 26th - July 28th I could travel around Europe on the weekends while I learned Business Law and Global Studies (International Business) during the week.

Read More

Topics: business, Cameron School of Business, International, London, Student Stories, Study Abroad

Prague + Toy Shop + Internship = Best Summer Ever.

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:31:58 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Taylor Pfyffer, Cameron School of Business, Marketing - Professional Selling Concentration, Class of 2017

It all started with the Cameron School of Business Spring Break Prague Consulting Project. Upon joining the consulting team, I joined the others in diving head first into our analysis and recommendations for our client company, Hamleys.

Read More

Topics: International, internship, Internships, marketing, prague, professional selling, Student Stories

The Best Time of My Life

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:31:10 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Daniella Ognibene, Cameron School of Business Class of December 2016, BS BA with Accounting concentration

Spending four weeks of my summer studying at the prestigious Kedge Business School in Marseille, France, was the best experience of my life. This trip has given me lifelong memories and friends that I will cherish forever.

Read More

Topics: beach, business, International, Student Stories, Study Abroad

Finding Your Sweet Spot: An Interview with David Mathisen

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:26:48 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016.

************

An interview with David Mathisen, Cameron School of Business Alumnus (B.S. Business Administration with a concentration in Accountancy, 2005; MBA 2011)

Read More

Topics: business, Cameron School of Business, David Mathisen, internship, MBA, Student Stories, wilmington

Do you know about CEN?

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:25:07 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016.

************

Guest Blogger: Esther Baldo Andres, CSB '17, Marketing Strategy & International Business

I am a TABSA student from Spain, and I am currently working to receive a dual degree from the Cameron School of Business at UNCW and my home university, Universidad de Valencia, in Marketing Strategy and International Business. Participating in the Cameron Executive Network (CEN) Program has been one of the best things I have done during my time at UNCW. My mentor has been extremely helpful in explaining the job search process in the US. She started by identifying my skills and capabilities as well as areas of improvement to better my position myself in the business world. She coached me in resume and cover letter writing as well as in internship search and interview skills. Due to her help I was able to get an internship in a tech company in Spain. We will continue to work this year to get an internship in the US.

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, Cameron School of Business, cen, International, International Business, marketing, Student Stories

The Four M's

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:24:48 AM

Guest Blogger: Mary Katherine Marr, Cameron School of Business, Marketing Concentration, '17

As I stepped into 890 Broadway for the first time, I was immediately enchanted by the classic elevator that carried me to the little office of one of the greatest ballet companies in the world. This little office, however, is also home to not just amazing artistic talent, but to a job that I had only dreamed of doing until this summer. The opportunity to combine my marketing degree with my lifelong passion for ballet has been incredible, and much like how marketing revolves around the four P’s (product, place, price, promotion), I have found that my internship could be summed up in a similar way, but with four M’s.

Read More

Topics: Arts Administration, business, Cameron School of Business, internship, Internships, professional selling, Student Stories

Cameron School of Business in the Community

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:24:21 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Dr. Robert T. Burrus, Jr., Dean, Cameron School of Business

Read More

Topics: Cameron School of Business, Comunity, Internships, Student Stories, Volunteerism, wilmington

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW was established as Wilmington College in 1947. The Department of Business and Economics became the Cameron School of Business in 1979. Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all