Guest Blogger: Dr. Stephen Hill, Assistant Professor of Business Analytics, Cameron School of Business
- Detecting spam and malware.
- Guiding autonomous vehicles.
- Distinguishing between images of cats and dogs.
- Predicting diabetes-related hospital patient readmissions.
- Recommending the next show for you to “binge watch” on Netflix.
What do these seemingly unrelated things have to do with each other? Each of these tasks relies on analytics techniques and tools. These examples focus on the transformation of data into information, and then into insights and better business decisions.