Cameron School of Business at UNCW

Covid-19 Pandemic: Implications For Managers And Human Resources

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Aug 12, 2020 2:58:35 PM

Guest Blogger: Contributed by Jessica Mesmer-Magnus, Ph.D., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, an industrial, work, and organizational psychologist and a professor of management in the Cameron School of Business at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (this post originally appeared on WilmingtonBiz.com on June 30, 2020).

The Covid-19 pandemic has dramatically affected workplaces worldwide. Not only are businesses trying to serve their customers and clients, but they are adapting “on-the-fly” to make payroll and to support employees who are working from home. Many employees do not have the experience or the tools needed to work virtually, and are often navigating this new work-norm while simultaneously being thrust into a world of homeschooling and dependent care. The need for alternate work strategies may be extended for an unknown period of time, and employers can’t take a “wait-and-see” approach. Although there is little research specific to managing employees during a pandemic, there are some takeaways that can be applied to help organizations navigate this situation.

Read More

Topics: analytics, community, communication, human resource management, leadership, Insights, covid

Featured Alumna: Tierra Davis

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 9, 2018 9:17:00 AM
An interview with Tierra Davis, Cameron School of Business Class of 2014, B.S. Business Administration - Human Resources Management concentration

How do you feel about your educational experience at Cameron School of Business?

I loved my experience with the Cameron School of Business. Dr. Martha Andrews was my advisor, and she was very helpful and encouraging with ensuring that I had all the tools I needed to graduate and start my career. The coursework was relevant to my field, and I felt empowered once I completed all of the educational requirements.

Read More

Topics: alumni, human resource management, Featured Seahawk

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW was established as Wilmington College in 1947. The Department of Business and Economics became the Cameron School of Business in 1979. Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!