Cameron School of Business at UNCW

Featured Alumna: Corinne Walker, International MBA '15

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Feb 15, 2019 11:15:00 AM

It’s hard to imagine where you might end up after college because the constant classes and homework often make us feel like we’ll be here forever. Though you might not see it now, everything you’re doing in college at this moment is shaping you as a professional in the future. International MBA grad, Corinne Walker, is a great example of this, and we interviewed her to gain some insight on her college and career journey. Walker has a B.S. in marketing and her IMBA concentration was also in marketing. She spent time studying in Valencia, Spain, and now works as a marketing professional at a company called Geo Owl. 

Read More

Topics: alumni, international business, International MBA, marketing, Spain

Imports, Exports and Global Trade: NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional

Posted by Swain Center on Jan 9, 2019 1:10:00 PM

By Mel Beasley, CSB Marketing Assistant

Considering that most of the United States’ business is conducted outside of the country, it makes sense that there are professionals in the world dedicated to effectively conducting international business to keep our economy running smoothly.  

Read More

Topics: global, international business, Swain Center, exports

Featured Seahawk: Lanre Badmus '19

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Dec 7, 2018 11:51:00 AM

Guest Blogger: Lanre Badmus, Cameron School of Business '19 (B.S. BA with a concentration in International Business)

Who am I?

As a north Jersey native, I always wanted to go to college out-of-state to experience something new. I heard about Cameron School of Business (CSB) through a recommendation and I liked what I had seen after researching—the quality of the academic programs, the high student graduation rate and the size of the university all appealed to me. I had never been to the Carolinas prior to coming to UNCW, but I decided to take the plunge by moving 500 miles away nonetheless. Of course, the fact that campus is close to the beach also helped my decision! 

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, international business, student stories

Where In The “World” Is Cameron School of Business?

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Aug 25, 2017 9:00:00 AM

Guest Blogger: Robert Burrus, Ph.D., Dean, Cameron School of Business

This time last year, I took the opportunity to write about Cameron’s partnerships with - and impact - in the community. This year, I would like to explore Cameron’s partnerships and impact in the world.

A quick look through Cameron’s current Strategic Plan, as well as UNCW’s Strategic Plan, UNCW’s Vision Statement, Cameron’s Mission Statement and other planning documents, it is easy to find the strategic initiative of having a “global mindset.” 

Read More

Topics: global, international, international business, International MBA, study abroad

Featured Alumnus: Mathieu Lewis

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Apr 14, 2017 8:00:00 AM

Another Cameron School of Business graduate has found a rewarding career – 600 miles north in New York City. Mathieu Lewis earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing in May 2015. He continued in CSB’s International MBA program to earn an MBA with a concentration in International Business from UNCW as well as an MBA in International Marketing from the University of Valencia in December 2016. These degrees helped land Mathieu a position as Account Executive at Yelp in New York City.

Read More

Topics: alumni, international business, International MBA

Do you know about CEN?

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:25:07 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016.

************

Guest Blogger: Esther Baldo Andres, CSB '17, Marketing Strategy & International Business

I am a TABSA student from Spain, and I am currently working to receive a dual degree from the Cameron School of Business at UNCW and my home university, Universidad de Valencia, in Marketing Strategy and International Business. Participating in the Cameron Executive Network (CEN) Program has been one of the best things I have done during my time at UNCW. My mentor has been extremely helpful in explaining the job search process in the US. She started by identifying my skills and capabilities as well as areas of improvement to better my position myself in the business world. She coached me in resume and cover letter writing as well as in internship search and interview skills. Due to her help I was able to get an internship in a tech company in Spain. We will continue to work this year to get an internship in the US.

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, international, international business, marketing, student stories, TABSA, Spain

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW was established as Wilmington College in 1947. The Department of Business and Economics became the Cameron School of Business in 1979. Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!