Cameron School of Business at UNCW

Featured Seahawk: Lanre Badmus '19

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Dec 7, 2018 11:51:00 AM

Guest Blogger: Lanre Badmus, Cameron School of Business '19 (B.S. BA with a concentration in International Business)

Who am I?

As a north Jersey native, I always wanted to go to college out-of-state to experience something new. I heard about Cameron School of Business (CSB) through a recommendation and I liked what I had seen after researching—the quality of the academic programs, the high student graduation rate and the size of the university all appealed to me. I had never been to the Carolinas prior to coming to UNCW, but I decided to take the plunge by moving 500 miles away nonetheless. Of course, the fact that campus is close to the beach also helped my decision! 

Read More

Topics: Cameron Executive Network, international business, student stories

Noah Miyazaki Wins 2018 Business Plan Competition

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Apr 19, 2018 6:08:00 PM

The Twelfth Annual Business Plan Competition, open to Cameron School of Business seniors in the Entrepreneurship and Business Development concentration, was held on April 13th. Thirty-six students submitted comprehensive business plans accompanied by oral presentations for their EBD 490 (Business Development and Commercializationcourse. Each year, Dr. Steve Harper, professor of EBD 490, invites four students from the class to compete.

Read More

Topics: entrepreneurship, student stories

Senior Victoria Waldman Wins Prestigious Research Award

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Apr 17, 2018 9:32:00 AM

On February 16, 2018, CSB senior Victoria Waldman’s research paper, titled “Relationship between Returns and Volatility to Policies of U.S. Presidential Election Cycles,” was selected from over a dozen submissions from universities around the country as Best Undergraduate Paper at the Academy of Economics and Finance Convention in Houston, TX.

Read More

Topics: finance, student stories

How to Be a Global Citizen

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:53 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Kelin Coleman, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in International Business, '17

My name is Kelin Coleman and I’m in the process of finishing the second semester of my senior year.  I’m originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, but I’ve been studying at KEDGE Business School in Marseille, France for the last year and a half as part of the TABSA program. I’m a double major in French and Business with a concentration of International Business at Cameron School of Business at UNCW- and a specialization in Finance at KEDGE Business School.

Read More

Topics: france, international, student stories, study abroad, TABSA

Beta Gamma Sigma - The Best in Business

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:32 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Charise Neal, CSB, B.S. Business Administration, concentration in Accounting

How would you feel if you were given the opportunity to be in room full of people known as “the best in business”? I can tell you that it feels phenomenal. Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) members are known around the world as “the best in business." As soon as I was invited to join this prestigious group of people, I jumped at the opportunity.

Read More

Topics: accounting, beta gamma sigma, student stories

Understand That You're Afraid - Then Do It Anyway.

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:03 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Nick Pindale, Cameron School of Business '18, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in Entrepreneurship

Starting my own company was the best but hardest thing I have ever done on my own.

I had worked for a photo booth rental company in Maryland for nearly a year before transferring schools from UMBC to UNCW. It was the best job I have ever had. I was getting paid to go to parties, hang out, eat, socialize, and have fun with the guests and I was making more than enough money from only working once or twice a week. Can you imagine anything better? I couldn’t. I loved my job, it was something I was passionate about and looked forward to doing.  I wanted to do the exact same thing while I was at UNCW. So, I started my own photo booth rental company, Photo Perfect Photobooth LLC.

Read More

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:32:30 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Julia Ormond, Cameron School of Business - Marketing Strategy; Theatre Performance

Going to London with CSB was one of best experiences of my life. I didn’t think I’d get to go because my double major requires me to have so many credit hours. The London trip was perfect timing for me! From June 26th - July 28th I could travel around Europe on the weekends while I learned Business Law and Global Studies (International Business) during the week.

Read More

Topics: international, student stories, study abroad, United Kingdom

Prague + Toy Shop + Internship = Best Summer Ever.

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:31:58 AM

************

Guest Blogger: Taylor Pfyffer, Cameron School of Business, Marketing - Professional Selling Concentration, Class of 2017

It all started with the Cameron School of Business Spring Break Prague Consulting Project. Upon joining the consulting team, I joined the others in diving head first into our analysis and recommendations for our client company, Hamleys.

Read More

Topics: international, internships, marketing, Prague, student stories

The Best Time of My Life

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:31:10 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Daniella Ognibene, Cameron School of Business Class of December 2016, BS BA with Accounting concentration

Spending four weeks of my summer studying at the prestigious Kedge Business School in Marseille, France, was the best experience of my life. This trip has given me lifelong memories and friends that I will cherish forever.

Read More

Topics: international, student stories, study abroad, france

Finding Your Sweet Spot: An Interview with David Mathisen

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:26:48 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016.

************

An interview with David Mathisen, Cameron School of Business Alumnus (B.S. Business Administration with a concentration in Accountancy, 2005; MBA 2011)

How do you feel about your educational experience at Cameron School of Business?

I enjoyed every part of my experience at UNCW and at CSB; the instructors at CSB were probably my favorite part...I felt instructors were informative, challenging, yet, “down to earth.” I could tell many of them had a passion for teaching and my learnings at CSB have transitioned well to the success in my professional career. P.S. -  I heard they made a mandatory “shoes, or at least flip flop and shirt” rule in recent years?  That was cool when they didn’t have that rule...but I understand.

Read More

Topics: MBA, student stories, internships, Professional MBA, alumni

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW was established as Wilmington College in 1947. The Department of Business and Economics became the Cameron School of Business in 1979. Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!