Cameron School of Business at UNCW

A Closer Look: What is an International MBA?

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Feb 1, 2019 8:02:00 AM
IMBA Full Length

By Mel Beasley, CSB Marketing Assistant

What kind of degree is the IMBA?

An IMBA features all the academic requirements and painstaking training of a typical MBA, but with greater focus on global business cultures and practices. This essential combination provides business professionals with a firm foundation in international leadership and acts as a strong propellant to a student’s career prospects.

Read More

Topics: international, International MBA, MBA, study abroad

Featured Seahawk: Andrew Seibel

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Sep 7, 2018 10:21:00 AM

Guest Blogger: Featured Seahawk Andrew Seibel,a CSB undergraduate student studying International Business/Supply Chain Management as well as a student at the University of Hertfordshire via the TABSA dual-degree program.

Working here at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica has been a most incredible experience. Having followed my father to all his diplomatic posts but one (Afghanistan), gave me a sneak peek into the world of American diplomacy. However, being able to work in the environment as a growing adult has allowed me to apply and further my knowledge of business and diplomacy. 
Read More

Topics: government, international, internships, study abroad, TABSA, Featured Seahawk, Jamaica

Four Reasons to Travel Before You Graduate College

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Feb 23, 2018 9:17:00 AM

Guest Blogger: Alisha Browne, Web Developer & Marketing Coordinator for Cameron School of Business. Alisha is also this week's Featured Seahawk. (Photo: little Alisha in Rome, 2008)

If I had to choose one thing that has impacted my life significantly, I would have to give (international) travel the gold. To be honest, I think there are definitely pre-and post-study abroad Alishas that might as well be different species.

While I can't put my finger on exactly what about the experience of traveling changes you, I am going to give it my best shot!

Read More

Topics: international, International MBA, study abroad

Where In The “World” Is Cameron School of Business?

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Aug 25, 2017 9:00:00 AM

Guest Blogger: Robert Burrus, Ph.D., Dean, Cameron School of Business

This time last year, I took the opportunity to write about Cameron’s partnerships with - and impact - in the community. This year, I would like to explore Cameron’s partnerships and impact in the world.

A quick look through Cameron’s current Strategic Plan, as well as UNCW’s Strategic Plan, UNCW’s Vision Statement, Cameron’s Mission Statement and other planning documents, it is easy to find the strategic initiative of having a “global mindset.” 

Read More

Topics: global, international, international business, International MBA, study abroad

How to Be a Global Citizen

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:34:53 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Kelin Coleman, B.S. Business Administration with concentration in International Business, '17

My name is Kelin Coleman and I’m in the process of finishing the second semester of my senior year.  I’m originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, but I’ve been studying at KEDGE Business School in Marseille, France for the last year and a half as part of the TABSA program. I’m a double major in French and Business with a concentration of International Business at Cameron School of Business at UNCW- and a specialization in Finance at KEDGE Business School.

Read More

Topics: france, international, student stories, study abroad, TABSA

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:32:30 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Julia Ormond, Cameron School of Business - Marketing Strategy; Theatre Performance

Going to London with CSB was one of best experiences of my life. I didn’t think I’d get to go because my double major requires me to have so many credit hours. The London trip was perfect timing for me! From June 26th - July 28th I could travel around Europe on the weekends while I learned Business Law and Global Studies (International Business) during the week.

Read More

Topics: international, student stories, study abroad, United Kingdom

The Best Time of My Life

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:31:10 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

Guest Blogger: Daniella Ognibene, Cameron School of Business Class of December 2016, BS BA with Accounting concentration

Spending four weeks of my summer studying at the prestigious Kedge Business School in Marseille, France, was the best experience of my life. This trip has given me lifelong memories and friends that I will cherish forever.

Read More

Topics: france, international, student stories, study abroad

Cameron Forms Partnership with Fudan University

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:25:39 AM

(Photo: (from left to right) – Lina Shi, Catherine Sun, George Schell, Jiangbo Wan, and Hongye Li.  Shi, Sun, Wan and Li are the first 4 faculty from Fudan University that taught Chinese foreign language courses for UNCW.)

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

Guest Blogger: Dr. George Schell, Professor of Management Information Systems

In the summer of 2016, UNCW was chosen to be the host university for the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Fudan University in Shanghai and the UNC university system. UNCW and the Cameron School of Business (CSB) have had an ongoing relationship with Fudan beginning in 2005. Since 2007, Fudan University has sent faculty to teach courses in the Chinese language at UNCW - this year, professor Zhang Bangyin from Fudan is teaching in the Department of World Languages and Cultures. CSB students have consistently accounted for a third to one-half of the students taking Chinese language courses at UNCW, and Dr. George Schell, Professor of Information Systems, has worked with all of the faculty from Fudan over the past eight years.

Read More

Topics: china, international, study abroad

Getting the Global Picture: Yeditepe University Graduate Students Study at UNCW

Posted by Cameron School of Business on Mar 17, 2017 11:22:40 AM

March 2017 Editor's Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

************

“Joining the program broadens your global business vision - it will help us continue to work in an international society,” said Cagla Kardemir, an MBA candidate from Yeditepe University in Istanbul, Turkey.  2016 was the second year that the Swain Center at the Cameron School of Business, with the leadership of Dr. Cem Canel, has hosted a three-week program for students from Turkey.

Read More

Topics: international, student stories, study abroad, Swain Center

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all

Cameron School of Business at UNCW

UNCW was established as Wilmington College in 1947. The Department of Business and Economics became the Cameron School of Business in 1979. Focused on the transformation of today’s business world from the industrial age into the information age, business education at the Cameron School of Business is focused on the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills students will need to lead this fundamental change in the business world through the 21st century.

On our blog, you will find:

• Stories of our students, both past and present
  • Highlights of our impressive faculty and staff members
  • Exciting ties to the community
  • Business tips and insights on both a local and international scale
For more information, visit our site or reach out to us!